Thursday, September 17, 2009

A1C is 5.4!

My new A1C is 5.4% and I am very happy! An A1C test measures a person's average blood glucose control for the past 2 to 3 months. The normal range for an A1C is 4-6%. My A1C was taken after two months without using insulin.

A few weeks ago I saw my endocrinologist for my type 1 diabetes and she happily knows that I'm not using insulin and she does not want me to go on any medication. I still do blood sugar tests about 4 times a day.

So far I've been grain-free, dairy-free and legume-free for 8 months and it's going great. Considering I used to be a vegetarian, I really enjoy eating meat and fish, along with veggies, big salads, fruits, nuts, and eggs! For a dairy alternative I use almond milk or coconut milk.

As for the A1C, it's lower than what I thought it would be. I thought it was going to be in the upper fives not middle fives! My sugars have been really good still (70-120mg/dL) and the next A1C will be in December. I appreciate all the comments, questions, and emails!

Thanks,
Michelle

4 comments:

  1. Hello
    I like to read your every post and now I am waiting for a new post.I like that you share your every experience with us.Hey I also like big salads,fruits and nuts.Thank you..

    curcuma

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog is really a great source of information for me. Thank you for giving me such important information.

    FOR BEST INFORMATION ABOUT DIARRHEA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blog is great source of information which is very useful for me. Thank you very much.
    BEST INFORMATION ABOUT DIABETES.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A TRUE LIFE TESTIMONY
    OF HOW I GOT CURED FROM
    DIABETES 2 VIRUS[with Herbal
    Traditional medicine]
    Hello My Name is nelson eve ,I am Out here to give my
    testimony about a Herbalist doctor called Oyedepo
    who helped me in my life. I was infected with
    DIABETES VIRUS in 2013, i went to many
    hospitals for cure but there was no solution, so I
    was thinking how can I get a solution out so that
    my body can be okay. One day I was in the river
    side thinking where I can go to get solution. so a
    lady walked to me telling me why am I so sad
    and i open up all to her telling her my problem,
    she told me that she can help me out, she
    introduce me to a doctor who uses herbal
    medication to cure DIABETE VIRUS and
    gave me his email, so i mail him. He told me all
    the things I need to do and also give me
    instructions to take, which I followed properly.
    Before I knew what is happening after two weeks
    the DIABETE VIRUS that was in my
    body got vanished . So if you are also heart
    broken and also need a help, you can also email
    him at: oyedepoherbalcuretemple@gmail.com or you can contact me nelsoneve1@gmail.com fore more infromation on how i get cure
    He also have a herbal cure for; whatsapp number +2348167554235
    1.HIV,
    2.IMPOTENCE,
    3.LOW SPERM COUNT,
    4.BARENESS/INFERTILITY,
    5.HERPES
    VIRUS
    Contact him today and you will have a
    testimony...Good luck!
    I can't stop talking about this man called Dr.
    Oyedepo cause he is a God sent to cure humans
    from different DISEASES with herbal
    medications,he cured me of DIABETEs ,he
    will also help you.

    ReplyDelete